We believe in accountability in an industry that has struggled with providing transparency. Here is what we’ve been up to in the past few years.
Q1 + Q2 / 2022
We cannot wait until we launch our first production on Netflix Europe (date tbc) and on the German Public Broadcaster
Cryptopia has broken the record as the best ever documentary launch on this Brazilian SVOD platform, BP Select.
A promotion interview with gold expert Peter Schiff was published.
Cryptopia was invited to the first ever Cayman Documentary Festival and while on the island we sold out on a primetime cinema slot with a VIP screening event with professionals from the financial services industry. Other events both virtually and IRL were held over the past few months.
As the licensing revenues are beginning to ‘dry out’ after 2+ years, we have decided to launch on various AVOD channels on YouTube
Torsten wrote a review / case study of all the distribution that Crytopia has achieved to date on LinkedIn
Fortitude has started to grow a community in the space industry. Fortitude were the official media and network partners at Secure World Foundation’s 4th Space Sustainability Summit in London
Production has commenced in Australia, the United States, Ecuador and England with the hiring of local crew.
Fortitude was presented at DocEdge pitching sessions and are international finalists
Torsten and Iman have been accepted into the prestigious Show & Tell Circle, a group of forward-thinking documentary filmmakers who receive coaching and guidance re: fundraising and distribution strategy.
Virtual Content Group as a brand continues its resurgence as ‘Metaverse’ clients demand 360, 6doF and other interactive content.
With our former German partners we are considering a relaunch in 2023.
Q3 + Q4 / 2021
We have improved our Governance structure with new directors joining the board as well as newly appointed legal/accounting support. The company has established a permanent base in London, UK where a sales representative office is handling export related activities such as events and film licensing.
With Metaverse now hitting the mainstream attention, 3DCH continues to be a leader in licensing content. Our team is situated on four continents and has licensed about 100 pieces of content from 30 creators and studios.
Our Blockchain Basics course on Udemy has achieved popularity for learners interested in web3. We have also filmed an updated and upgraded version of our classic “Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It” and will release it in 2022 with a partner on YouTube.
We have produced a 5 minute teaser for this feature documentary in collaboration with producer Chris Kamen, co-producer Multiverse Media, and Sideways Film. The project is now in fundraising with potential broadcasters in Europe and Asia. Filming took place in the United Kingdom and (remotely) in the United States. Full production is set to commence in Q2 2022 and hopefully this will be our biggest budget project to date!
It is our hope that Covid restrictions soon end in Australia and borders will open again. The past 2 years have taken a personal and professional toll on many of our partners and friends. We look forward to attending real events and conferences again soon.
Q1 + Q2 / 2021
The recent price swing in the crypto currency markets have made Cryptopia a top performer on SVOD platform Amazon Prime
Torsten has started development work on a new production about another controversial and promising technology
We started to investigate the creator economy and the (often blockchain-powered) tools for independent content makers (such as NFTs)
We continued our work with more than a dozen Virtual Reality producers continues as 3DCH acts as a content aggregator and consultant to OculusTV
3DCH Media now has a new office in London to expand our European footprint and work with new clients such as Journeyman
We supported a strategic shift of WildEarth Media and are excited about the company’s new growth trajectory
Q4 / 2020
- Due to Covid, the planned filmshoot for Cryptopia’s German TV version has been cancelled but the cut-down 52-minute version is being delivered for Q1 2021.
- #CryptopiaFilm has been invited by around 300 international film festivals and has won several smaller awards. The film is very successful on Amazon (4.8/5 rating) and will launch on more VOD platforms such as Kanopy, Flix Premiere, Hoopla and BlumeTV. Our international Sales Agent Sidewaysfilm is currently negotiating broadcast TV deals in Sweden, Japan, Croatia, Poland, Russia, Hong Kong, Israel.
- With the Bitcoin price reaching all-time highs, interest in our two documentaries about the topic is on the rise. We are making various language versions (French, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, …) both subtitled and dubbed with the help of fans, sponsors and clients. Torsten has launched a 3 hour Udemy course about blockchain and crypto (beginner level) for an audience that wants to dig deeper into the controversial emerging tech. Our first Bitcoin documentary has now reached 1.5 million (legal) views on YouTube.
- Our history documentary launched on Amazon and MagellanTV and the audience either loves or hates it as evidenced by the large number of “0” and “10” ratings here
- 3DCH has acquired more than 30 titles in 4 packages for our large VR content client. Spoke at Stereopsia 2020 about VR distribution and judged the Booster competition. The conference was held in large part in a virtual reality environment built by our former partners INVR.SPACE
- Negotiated a broadcast deal in Romania and spoke at/keynoted various online stream events and podcasts
- Published various newsletters on LinkedIn and a crowdfunding case study on the film collaborative
Q3 / 2020
- #CryptopiaFilm generated more than a million social media impressions during the launch on Amazon and Amazon Prime in 80 countries and is now also available at Vimeo On Demand
- Producers/Directors Torsten and Michael have appeared on several Youtube shows and Podcasts to promote the film. Several online screening events and live Q&As for industry groups and universities.
- The documentary has been selected at 19 international film festivals and already won 3 awards. It still has a 9.1 rating on IMDb where more than 250 external reviews have been collected.
- Various language versions and adaptations are being created and the production of the German Television version is being planned for Q4
- Our earlier Bitcoin documentary has been pirated by the hacker group Anonymous and was legally licensed to a YouTube channel where this 5 year old film generated more than 600,000 views in 8 weeks.
- 3DCH Media and Virtual Content Group have been hired by Facebook Oculus to support with identifying, sourcing and aggregating 360 degree videos and VR content.
- 3DCH Media has licensed and is continuing to source factual content to various AVOD platforms including YouTube
Q1 + Q2 /2020
- Big sold-out premiere of CryptopiaFilm at ACMI’s Treasury Theatre in Melbourne supported by many industry partners
- Torsten attended Davos to promote the documentary at various events
- Successful European premiere in Berlin with 19 industry sponsors
- Theatrical exhibition of CryptopiaFilm in Switzerland, Slovenia and Luxembourg before the Covid19 lockdown
- Cryptopia was officially selected at Academy Award Qualifying film festival DocEdge in May and screened in June.
- Two cinema events for Marketing the Messiah and online launch
- Successful online launch with 700’000 Twitter Impressions, 70’000 Trailer views, and a 9.2 rating on IMDb
- Wrapped up a few distribution deals for a Spanish wildlife documentary and another package sold to an American aggregator
- Licensed 11 Virtual Reality titles to an Asian client
- Sold a wildlife documentary to a Chinese broadcaster
- Started to work on 6 language versions for #CryptopiaFilm and worked on several online advertising campaigns
- Launched a LinkedIn Newsletter “Documenting Change” and achieved 1,000 subscribers in first month
- Tripled our email list for our two documentaries to set us up for future projects and reached 1,000 subscribers on YouTube. Invited onto almost a dozen podcasts and YouTube shows to promote CryptopiaFilm.
- Despite the Corona lockdown, Torsten was busy in the first 6 months of 2020 visiting Australia, Hong Kong, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Luxembourg
Q3 + Q4 /2019
- Signed agreement with Cinema on Demand distributors for CRYPTOPIAFILM and “Marketing the Messiah”
- Test screenings of CRYPTOPIAFILM throughout Australia and New Zealand. 7 corporate sponsors, 5 cities, 400 tickets sold.
- Incorporated audience feedback to polish and shorten CRYPTOPIAFILM in anticipation of global cinema tour
- Finished post production of 2 feature length documentaries incl. custom composed score, voice over recording, 5.1. sound mix, and DCP delivery
- Signed a license agreement for 4k HDR content with an Asian TV manufacturer
- Attended Melbourne Doc FilmFest and DocLab, a documentary event hosted by Screen Australia in Sydney
- Joined as Executive Producer for a global 8k series (co-pro partners include NHK Japan)
- Continued shifting company focus towards production and co-productions.
Q1 + Q2 /2019
- Delivered various consulting projects with Australian clients
- Successfully initiated a pre-sale with MG of a Spanish wildlife production to an international distributor
- CRYPTOPIAFILM wrapped production after filming in Japan, Hong Kong, USA, UK, Switzerland, Germany and Australia.
- Torsten was a panelist at AIDC in Melbourne again and talked about the crowdfunding campaign for CryptopiaFilm. Torsten also spoke at a conference in Hong Kong about producing this documentary. We are preparing for the festival circuit and our first ever theatrical release
- 4K Content Hub negotiated a large package deal of 4k UHD documentary titles for mainland China 4K
- Together with our American partner we acquired the versioning rights of a 4k HDR feature documentary from NHK Japan. The new 52-minute version has been rewritten and edited and is now ready to be distributed
- We licensed a few of our documentaries to Latin America as a 4k package deal
- We delivered 3D shortfilms and documentary to a new mobile client who has licensed a large portion of our original stereoscopic 3D library
- Virtual Reality seems to be making a come-back in some markets but the demand for licensing content remains low
- We are re-branding as 3dch media and are launching a new website and logo. We intend to slowly move away from distribution and into production and co-production.
Q3 + Q4/2018
- Licensed The Wild Pacific and Bitcoin: The End of Money to several airlines for their in-flight-entertainment systems. Smaller licensing deals in Germany, Spain and the US.
- Crowdfunded our new blockchain documentary “CRYPTOPIA” on Kickstarter and achieved 650,000 impressions on social media during the 4-week campaign.
- Our first grant from Screen Australia, the public funding body. Announcement here. We also secured a pre-sale from a German broadcaster. Our crew has been shooting in Germany, UK and the USA.
- While the Virtual Reality industry has not achieved mainstream adoption VCG’s production entities in Germany and France are seeing increased demand for projects, installations and post production
- License term extensions for several deals in Europe for “Wild Gibraltar”, “Angkor”, Moonshots.
- Our first Bitcoin film continues to perform well on iTunes and Amazon.
- Our Korean partner, the animation company XrisP has successfully launched their new TV series in China and has started to roll out theme parks and
- We successfully raised finishing funds for our history documentary on Kickstarter. This project is scheduled to finish production in January 2019.
- The market place continues to develop new formats largely driven by the hardware (TV) manufacturers. There is higher client interest for 4k HDR. Japan is still the only territory with an appetite for 8k content.
- 4K has now reached the mainstream. Even ‘regular’ broadcasters and VOD platforms acquire and produce in 4k to future proof their libraries. Both the supply and the demand for 4k are increasing steadily.
- We introduced a new section to our website which features a wider range of services that we have been offering to clients over the years. Check it out here.
Q1 + Q2/2018
- Content aggregation: We provided a large package of 360 degree films to a major VR platform
- We sold a package of VR films to a European client
- Speaking engagement as VR expert at Australia’s largest non-fiction industry conference AIDC
- Our production experts in Germany has launched a volumetric video capturing studio with renowned partners. After 360 and 3D 360, volumetric is the next step in the evolution of ever improving video productions
- 4k documentaries were licensed to Japan for VOD rights. We continue to get strong demand for our UHD content from the Chinese market.
- The Wild Pacific was picked up by several airlines (inflight entertainment) and a PayTV client in Latin America
- Yosemite licensed to TV manufacturer for retail display exhibition
- 4k Blurays licensed non-exclusively to the USA and Canada
- UHD Bluray label business is picking up in Germany
- Our German office continues to expand into digital rights and is reassessing opportunities in the Home Entertainment sector
- Our history documentary production is back on track after a few obstacles
- We have successfully funded a large portion of our new blockchain film production
- We have started production for this documentary in Melbourne and Tokyo and are looking forward to shooting in America and Europe next.
- For the first time in our company history we are applying for development and production grants at our film commission Screen Australia while our first Bitcoin film continues to perform on several VOD platforms
- 4k Content Hub manages the footage rights for some of our filmmakers and short clips produced in HDR are popular on some platforms-
- We’re proud to see our long-time partner WildEarth Media expand into the underwater world
- International business trips for conferences and meetings in Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, and Singapore.
- Speaking gigs at MIPCOM, Medientage, and VR Days. First time attendance at ATF
- The price of Bitcoin has increased 40x since we released our documentary about the topic. The recent media interest has motivated us to start work on a second updated documentary about crypto currencies
- Production for our history documentary has started
- We experience a drop in interest for passive and monoscopic 360 videos
- VCG continues to produce VR content for several clients and live stream events in 3D360. The group also supports several international film festivals
- Exclusive partnership with a French production and distribution company
- Several new TV series and documentaries inn 4k HDR, 8k or VR are in development
- Content licensing deals in the USA, Korea, Japan, Israel, Kenya, Georgia, China, Taiwan, Spain, and Inflight&Hotel Entertainment systems
- VCG started to exclusively aggregate and deliver licensed 360 and 3D360 content to one of the largest VR platforms in the USA
- VCG representatives spoke, exhibited and presented at VR events in 6 countries including Japan
- More than 20 new productions, typically in 3D360
- VCG signs up 6 new producers as global sales agent
- VCG develops a premium slate of own-IP projects for funding and co-productions
- 4k Content Hub continues to thrive as UHD becomes the new standard. We keep ahead of the competition by licensing more and more HDR and 8k content
- 4k Content Hub confirms new content sales agreement in the USA and in Japan
- Performance on VOD platforms for our Bitcoin documentary is at an all-time high
- VCG supported VR film festivals in Italy, Japan, Finland
- VCG scored two major contracts with the French and German Government.
- VCG presented at various VR and investor events in Laval, Paris, London, Sydney, Cannes, Las Vegas.
- This video shows a few of the new projects we’re working on at VCG
- 4k Content Hub invited by Discovery and imda to give a workshop in Singapore
- 4k Content Hub as exhibitor with Screen Australia at MIPCOM
- Korean VOD Deal for Yosemite on Fire
- Won an award in Singapore for VR short film Tomorrow
- Reseller agreement for our Best of UHD compilation in the USA
- Our second successful Kickstarter campaign with 236 supporters
- As Bitcoin price increases by 10 times, there is a resurgence in our Bitcoin documentary
- Content Aggregation agreement with a major US VR platform
- Upgraded hardware and software to increase service offerings across the VCG organisation. Now, we’re one of the few full-service studios in the sector
- 8K co-production and three larger VR series
in development with high-profile directors and partners
- Live broadcast of 360 degree music concert in Germany supported by VCG
- VCG licensing agreement with multinational publisher
- Ranked as top independent UHD BluRays in the German market (Wild Pacific)
- Several license agreement with Sony’s Television Department in Tokyo
- Licensing deals for Test my Ride, Yosemite on Fire, Moon Shots, The Wild Pacific, Reflections: Iceland, Ancient Angkor
- VCG’s Paris office moved to a new cool location
- Agreement with 4 high-level advisers to join the VCG Team
- Launched several social media channels (facebook, twitter) for VCG
- Part of the Australian delegation for MIPCOM
- Signed first two VR / 360 degree package license agreements with clients in Asia and Europe
- Published biography about Fidel Castro and another Cuba themed documentary
- VCG has produced and collaborated on more than 150 projects to date. Boardmeeting in Berlin.
- VCG wins another two awards (The VR Society)
- Consulting agreement with WildEarth Media
- Acquired two more UHD Blurays for German-speaking markets
- License agreement for Yosemite Wild, Into the Cave of Wonders and Genet
- More deals with hardware manufacturers for 4k HFR and HDR content
- Co-produced three VR series
- Aggregated more lifestyle series for our client in the Philippines
- Further HD broadcast sales for Moon Shots
- Ancient Angkor license to Canadian client
- Founded Virtual Content Group (VCG)
- Larger buyout agreement for our 4k catalog (broadcast rights)
- Grew library of 360 content to over 50 titles
- Bitcoin documentary was licensed to several airlines for inflight entertainment rights
- “Citylights” series licensed in Germany and Switzerland
- Wild Gibraltar sold to an Eastern European VOD platform
- Continue to work with Amazon on 4k DTO rights and some of our titles
- Part of the Screen Australia delegation to Cannes
- Negotiated with other firms to merge into a larger VR group. Boardmeeting in Paris.
- Several public screenings of the Bitcoin documentary
- Assisted Korean animation company to set up global co-production partnerships
- CEO Torsten Hoffmann Torsten Hoffmann on extensive consulting project for Australian client
- UHD BluRays published including Wild Pacific
- Khumbu Valley licensed to Poland
- Retail Display rights for a major TV manufacturer
- Strategy to tackle Virtual Reality Market
- Reflections Iceland licensed to a large US platform
- Attended AIDC to pitch an Australian production about ancient history
- Part of the Screen Australia delegation to MIPCOM in Cannes
- Our CEO, Torsten Hoffmann, as expert panelist at SONY’s 4k non-fiction event at MIPCOM but had to turn down offers to appear as speaker in France, Spain and Korea.
- Our first customers are asking about Virtual Reality content. Our first filmmakers are starting to produce 360 degree videos
- Reached 100,000 YouTube views of our Trailer and bonus materials. Many festival, event, corporate, and university screenings in 12 countries on 4 continents of our award-winning documentary about Bitcoin which is now also available on iTunes USA and Amazon (wordwide).
- Our long-term partner WildEarth Media (South Africa) headlined at NatGeo’s Big Cat Week 2015
- Some of our producers are upgrading production and post-production to the latest HDR (high dynamic range) specs
- Signed up new high quality 4k films and series, all produced in native ultra high definition:
Tales by Light
Living Places: Rio de Janeiro
Beauty of Spain
Chambord Castle: The King and the Architect
Threads of India
- Financed and co-produced a documentary about Fidel Castro, completed 6 weeks after agreement with the director
- Licensed a package of 3D films to a global VOD platform
- After 6 months of negotiations, we finally have our first 4k customer in the Middle East.
- Our 4k films on Amazon Instant Video are starting to get some downloads from customers all over the world
- Licensed two IMAX and seven other 3D films to a German-based start-up in the mobile business
- Sold VOD rights to a package of Ultra HD films to a client in Latin America including:
Living Places: Rio de Janeiro
Bangkok Fight Nights
Welcome to the Cave of Wonders
Treasures of Thailand
- Released new 3D BluRays in Germany including a new installation of our flagship compilation “Best of 3D”
- Licensed Ancient Angkor to the Discovery Channel
- Extended a license agreement with a 3D VOD application for some of our 3D documentaries
- Our partners in Hollywood extended a deal with a Russian client for Kalahari Meerkats
- Closed another in-flight license agreement for Urbanatix
- Started to work in an attractive office space in downtown Melbourne (the most liveable city in the world). Our representative in Berlin has started to gain traction with several of our animation properties in the VOD market. Our office in Karlsruhe, Germany has shifted and is now located closer to Cologne.
- Built closer relationships with our agents and partners in South East Asia and China. Received our first income from Japan. Collaborated with several traditional (TV) distributors with whom we share rights, sub-license, divvy up 4k/HD territories or executive/co-produce new content.
- Licensed a package of HD Travel and Lifestyle titles to a OTT channel based in Asia
- Won two awards at the world premier of the Bitcoin documentary The End Of Money As We Know It at the Freedom Fest in Las Vegas
- Released the Bitcoin film on Vimeo and achieved more social media traction than almost any other documentary on the service. Temporarily the ratings reached 8.8 on IMDB
- Initiated innovative distribution deals with BitTorrent Bundle and a platform that accepts Bitcoins
- Reached 1,000 Facebook Fans and 15,000 Twitter Followers of our self-distributed film.
- Post Production on the film Yosemite on Fire completed and new titles include 8k resolution and 60fps (HFR) films. Many of our films have been
produced according to standards of High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- A television manufacturer acquired the exhibition rights to Memories and Atmosphere
- Licensed a package of 4k films to a customer in Turkey: Moon Shots, 1st Circus Gala, View in America, Functions of Reality, Age of Hubble, Wild Pacific, Welcome to the Cave of Wonders
- Continue to release new 3D BluRays in the German-speaking markets.
- Sold the rights to Urbanatix to a French airline. Our
first in-flight licensing deal!
- Content Supplier to the first 4k film package by a Korean platform. Sold the Video on Demand rights of these titles:
Galapagos: Realm of Whale Sharks
Travel Tales – India
63rd Pebble Beach Cars
Muay Thai Madness
Treasures of Thailand
- Speaker at MIPTV’s 4k Sessions sponsored by SONY. Published on the official event blog. Delegate of Screen Australia
- Signed up new content:
Two Brothers Racing the World
A Trip to Vietnam
Power of Colors
Bangkok Fight Nights
- Started to collaborate with new sales agents in the USA, Middle East, and Korea
- Reached 1,000 followers @3DContentBlog Twitter Account
- Strategy meeting in Berlin to lay foundations of our upcoming projects in 2015 and 2016. Exciting times ahead
- Featured in 4k research article from SNL
- Started to supply theatres with our 3D documentaries including an IMAX film as well as our award-winning film about Burma
- Won the Van Gogh award at the Amsterdam Film Festival for the Bitcoin documentary. Also published the press kit
- Licensed the High-Definition broadcasting rights of several Circus
episodes to a Chinese broadcasting clients
- Our first success in Japan. A major client acquires rights to our TV documentaries Khumbu Valley and Moon Shots
- Producing longer version of award-winning shortfilm: Welcome to the Cave of Wonders and already pre-sold it to several countries
- A client in Hong Kong acquired the rights to our films:
View in America
Treasures of Thailand
House in the Alley
Asian Yum Yum
- Confirmed speaker at MIPTV (Cannes)
- Signed up new films: Age of Hubble, Guardian Council
- Partnered up with three other rights holders to have a very large combined Ultra-HD content portfolio for clients planning to launch a 4k service. We can now (on a case by case basis) also offer music concerts and feature films in native digital 4k.
- Signed deals with a Latin American customer and a global VOD provider incl. films Khumbu Valley, The Genet, California Wild, Treasures of Thailand, Moon Shots, Auroras, Hayaku, Muay Thai Madness
- Released more 3D BluRays from our American partner studio
- Our list of 4k content buyers and potential licensees currently stands at 170.
- Started to work with new sales agents in Spain, France and Australia
- The compilation “Best of 3D” has now sold more than 80,000 units worldwide
- Official partner and content supplier of the SD&A conference for the third year running
- started development of further 4k documentary productions
- submitted our own production Bitcoin; The End of Money As We Know it to about a dozen film festivals worldwide.
- part of the Australian delegation to Asia’s largest documentary event
- Added part-time support staff for video editing work
- Added part-time support staff for VOD and DVD reports because this part of our business is increasing
- Ranked as No.1 3D BluRay label in Germany
- Started to work with new Sales Agents in Eastern Europe, India, and Japan
- Finished 4k edit of the documentary Ancient Angkor as co-producer
- New 4k productions in our content lineup
- Signed an output production deal for 900 minutes of sports broadcasts
- Released a 3D compilation for kids in Germany
- Acquired Home Entertainment rights for a new HD property for German speaking territories.
- Focused more on HD rights exploitation with the help of international experts in the field.
- Signed a footage supply agreement with Bloomberg Television for our Bitcoin documentary
- Helped to facilitate two AVOD short-form content trials in Southern Africa and Germany
- Started development for a history series based on the first episode of Ancient Angkor and the positive press coverage so far
- New representation agreements for the following films: Angkor, Liquid Notes, Bubbles, Travel Tales India, Galapagos, and more…
- Our first 4k co-production, produced in Cambodia: Ancient Angkor 4k
- Speaker at 3D and 4k conference in Paris
- Interview shoots in New York, Cambridge and London for our first production
- Part of the Screen Australia delegation to attend MIPCOM in Cannes
- Licensed 4k content to 3 Eastern European countries, China, Korea, Germany, SONY and several VOD platforms
- Main content supplier for new 3D VOD app 3Doo
- Released a new compilation: Best of Animation, Space Intelligence and Wingsuit 3D
- Media partner (third year running) at the leading Korean 3D festival: 3D KIFF . Atmosphere won the Shortfilm Grand Prize at the event
- Licensed more 3D films to China and published an interview with experts in the market on our blog
- Official Media Partner for 3D Music Fest in Barcelona
- Established more relationships with regular HD buyers and distributors
- Signed up 4 more new sales agents and sub-distributors
- Signed an extension deal with an Asian IPTV platform to supply linear pay TV channels
- Acquired new films including 3D Flames, El Milagro, Hayaku, several 4k 60fps films, new shortfilms, new documentaries
- Best of 3D BluRay was launched in more than a dozen territories through our partner NBC Universal
- Invited as VIP buyer at a South Korean exhibition for animation content. Started acquiring kids content for Germany
- Licensed eight 3D films including Black Forest, Aragon, Aloft, Fireworks, and Luigi’s Pizzaride to a large European customer
- Official sponsor of a Chinese 3D Filmfestival and confirmed speaker at two European events
- Our agent successfully sold Austrian Huskyman to Italy
- Licensed more episodes of the Kalahari Meerkats series in HD and 3D to China
- Most of our sales activities are now in 4k, but we see a renewed interest in 3D due to glasses-free 3D devices and Oculus-type of technologies
- Acquired Home Entertainment and VOD rights to 8 films for Germany from a US partner
- Changed and Upgraded internal processes regarding content delivery.
- Hired Ben Woolley as support in Melbourne, Australia
- Signed a supplier agreement with Amazon Instant Video
- International Launch for Luigi’s Pizzaride and Ireland, The Celtic Way with Yabazam
- Working with five VOD platforms to bring our 4k films to consumers.
- The fourth installation of Best of 3D is ready to be released in Germany. This time with even more award-winning shortfilms and a special focus on animation
- Successful Kickstarter campaign for our first own production with interview shoot in Melbourne, Australia
- Initiated partnership with the largest Korean 3D festival to be media sponsor
- Kings of Baja is now in selected theatres in the USA
- Submitted various 3D films to various international film festivals
- 4k now represents the majority of our business: 4kContentHub.com
- Travel to NAB 2014 to meet with 3D and 4k clients
- New 4k films in our catalog include: The Genet, Real Street Fighter, Adrift, Treasures of Thailand, Pebble Beach Concours d’ Elegance, Thai Chilies – The Star of Thai Cooking, Memories.
- Licensed four 4k films to a Korean TV manufacturer
- Launched the Chinese version of our Website
- will release Snakes on 3D Blu-Ray in Germany
- The producers of our film Cosmic Journey have won the Academy Award in the shortfilm section for a different film.
- Started to work on 5k and 60fps content including Kings of Baja,Treasures of Thailand, Memories and many more
- Announced several licensing deals for 3D and 4k titles in Eastern Europe
- Initiated strategic partnerships with ColorCode
- Sold broadcasting rights for Huskyman to Italy
- Signed 4k VOD package deal with Ultraflix
- Acquired German rights for several Asian and American 2D and 3D titles
- Aquired a large list of native 4k films
- CEO Torsten Hoffmann travels to Los Angeles and attends Natpe in Miami
- published a controversial introspection for the 3D industry on our blog
- acquired our first live-action feature films
- negotiating sponsorships and promotions for a Chinese 3D conference and the upcoming NAB show in Las Vegas
- sold a fashion series in 2D to an international web channel
- negotiations with seven 4k buyers in Asia
- hired an intern to help with our first own production
- started work on the fourth installation of the Best of 3D Bluray series
- Signed up new 3D films:
Waterways of France, Big Mouth, Atmosphere, Holotronica and several other shortfilms
- Signed up several new 4k films including award-winning short Atmosphere
- Signed up our first feature film War of the Worlds: Goliath
- New 4k productions including Kings of Baja and Jungle Planet
- Finished production on Chacma – A Baboon Story, Snakes, and Cubs ‘n Pups
- Sold Kalahari Meerkats Season 1 to China
- Our 3DContentBlog.com has readers in more than 120 countries
- Various 2D (HD) content package deals in China
- CEO Torsten Hoffmann travels to UK, Dubai, Germany and Malaysia
- Speaking at and chairing the 3D Distribution Panel at 3D Stereo Media – Professional Conference in Belgium
- Licensed Kalahari Meerkats Season 1, 3D Safari Series, 3Ddive and a number of music concerts to a global 3D channel
- A TV manufacturer acquires 3D VOD rights for Lichtmond 2
- Licensed Khumbu Valley and Deus Ex Homine as 4k films
- 3D Content Hub is an official partner at the 3D Filmfest in Barcelona again
- Sold the 4k 3D promotion rights of Spirit of the Sea and Best of Africa for trade shows in Asia
- Sold 3D TV rights of DANCE!, Bird Park 3D, Cosmic Journey and Black Forest 3D to an Asian broadcaster
- The third installation of Best of 3D gets released in Germany pre Christmas with a new record in pre-orders from retailers
- Best of 3D is released in almost a dozen international markets
- Published the second 3D Masterpieces BluRay in Germany
- Official partner of 3DFF, the 3D Filmfestival in Los Angeles
- Fire Ants won Best 3D Documentary at Beyond Festival in Germany
- Exclusive Interview with the filmmakers of War of the Worlds – Goliath
- Business Delegation to Korea and China
- First Research Project for 3D Content Hub in collaboration with Barry Blundell and his work on autosteroscopic technologies.
- Signed up 5 new producers and their 4k films
- Preparing a 2nd installment of our 3D Masterpieces BluRay series
- Topped the 3D BluRay charts in major German retail chain
- Sold 2D rights of Kalahari Meerkats to China
- Licensed My3D Guide to a global OTT channel
- Added new episodes of CityLights 3D and Classic Cars series to the portfolio
- Finished production on several new wildlife, travel and lifestyle films from South Africa, Italy and Thailand
- Several 2D projects (production and distribution)
- Increased the run time of Cosmic Journey with additional new footage to feature length and added a new script to Khumbu Valley
- First 4k Content Deal. 4kContentHub.com is off to a good start. Website still under development
- Started to work on the third release of the “Best of 3D” series.
- Release of new innovative “3D Masterpieces” series with San Base as first title
- Continued negotiations with new clients in Middle East, India and Eastern Europe
- Package License Deal for 2D rights in Eastern Europe and more smaller 2D broadcasting deals for Fire Ants and Burma
- Deployment of Basic 3D VOD Package continues
- Our films (about 20 hours) are now available for VOD at Virgin
- Preparing for two upcoming 3D festivals in the next few months
- Licensed two episodes of Cubs ‘n Pups to a TV maker
- Sold Angkor, Black Forest, Cosmic Journey and Fire Ants to a large European broadcaster
- Licensed 3D Safari and 3Ddive to a global 3D channel
- Licensed Alligator Kingdom, Easter Island, Flying Falcons, Hooked, Spirit of the Sea, Switchcraft to Yabazam
- Fundraising Projects for two 4k 3D underwater projects incl. one IMAX film
- Successful Release of Black Forest as 3D Bluray in Germany
- Consulting Project to help a Government agency to evaluate 3D productions
- Trip to Los Angeles and Hollywood for meetings with 4k producers and other partners
- Sold VOD rights for Explore 3D series to China
- Signed up more 3D wildlife productions and 4k 3D shortfilms
- Moved offices within Australia
- Strategic partnership with two European 3D Technology firms
- Delivered the basic 3d package to 3 global VOD platforms
- Consulted with five international filmmakers about their latest 3D projects
- Continued scaling of 4kContentHub library and blogpost about 4k and how it affects the 3D industry
- Speaker and Sponsor at the New EU Market in Dubrovnik, panel discussion about autostereoscopic displays
- Licensed 2D version of Burma 3D – Encounters in a Forgotten Country to two broadcasters
- Signed up BigMouth, Mars Views, This is Africa, Cubs ‘n Pups
- Funding of first 360degree content production (executive producer) for the Oculus Rift
- Sold Storm Surfers and Explore 3D Travel: of Hunters & Eagles to an Asian client
- Press Interview addressing the question “Is 3D Dead?”
- License Deal with global CE manufacturer for titles Classic Cars, Rally Moroc Classic, Dancing Hippos, Morph, 3D Citylights Hong Kong, Explore 3D Travel: of Hunters & Eagles
- Announcement of major cooperation alongside other distributors incl. National Geographic for 3D content in schools and other educational institutions
- Attended MIPTV in Cannes
- Signed up new titles incl. Dragon’s Feast, Deus Ex Homine, Anomaly, Storm Surfers, Bolts & Blip, Helsinki, Function of Reality, Aragon, Aloft 3D
- Built a library of 4k Content to react to most recent market development
- Development of 4kContentHub.com
- Exclusive interview with Pawel Achtel, awardwinning 3D rig inventor from Australia
- Successfully released Best of 3D Vol.4-6 BluRay in German speaking territories
- Sold 2D version of Kalahari Meerkats 3D to various international broadcasters
- Major announcement for launch of our Basic 3D VOD package which includes 34 films
- Launch of our 3D PayTV Channel ‘3flow’ on one more platform in the Baltics
- Acquired the Home Video rights for Black Forest 3D
- Attached as exec producer and fundraiser for two more 3D projects
- Acquired for resell a 3D shortfilm from a Oscar winning animation studio
- Published Best of 3D Vol4-6 in Germany.
- invited to speak as 3D Expert to Australian documentary producers in Adelaide
- Licensed Burma and 3D Citylights Hong Kong to a TV maker
- Developed three small-scale indie 3D projects with filmmakers with the intention of fundraising
- Successful follow-up investment into 6 more episodes of Kalahari Meerkats
- Further cooperation with two 3D VOD companies
- Sold two Extreme Sports films to a German label incl. Carnage
- started strategic cooperation with an European 2D distributor
- started working on a monthly show about 3D gaming, an overlooked genre that we also featured in a special guest article
- published a widely read article “13 Important Tips for 3D Filmmakers”
- signed up award-winning films Shine, Fireworks 3D, DANCE ! and Cosmic Journey
- started to work on numerous 4k content partnerships including Lichtmond2, Morph and Spirit of the Sea
- Licensed Fire Ants, MicroPlanet 3D and Burma to a European distributor with a focus on digital download and streaming platforms
- Announced closing of investment round for 5 more wildlife-centric 3D documentary projects in South Africa
- Licensed Safari Encyclopedia 3D, The View in America and Alligator Kingdom to a french cable company
- Licensed 3D Explore series, Bet on it! Horse racing 3D, 3D Citylights, Desert Superstars in 3D, A Night at the Circus, Carnage to a broadcaster in Korea
- Licensed Diving Adventures, The View in America , Burma 3D, 3D Citylights and other films to a TV manufacturer
- Quote by the BBC
- Published a widely read blogpost about the Korean 3D industry
- Invited speaker at the I3DS conference in Busan, Korea
- Sold the DVD rights for Best of 3D – 2 to a global distributor
- Panelist and recipient of the 3D Excellence award at 3D Expo in Beijing
- Our partners and filmmakers won 3 awards at the 3D Filmfest in Barcelona
- Our filmmaker received an award at the3D Filmmart in Liege, Belgium
- Launching Fundraising activities, Looking for investors and Executive Producers
- Licensed three films to clients in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Large content aggregation agreement with a leading mobile company for more than 50 3D short-form clips
- Producing Ikuo Nakamura’s next Documentary Dec-Feb
- Large TVOD and SVOD deal in China for 23 of our S3D films
- Confirmed Speaker at the International 3D Society Korea event
- Official partner of the 3D Film and Music Fest 2012
- Feature Interview published on 3DRoundAbout
- Published “Angkor 3D – Land of the Gods” as BluRay in UK and Ireland
- Licensed a large package of films to a Video on Demand platform in Israel
- Published stats about blog readership
- Signed up many award-winning films for next BluRay compilation
- Finalized new 3D documentary Black Forest 3D
- Licensed two films to Yabazam in USA
- Signed new 3D production company for their film Urbanatix 3D
- Working on one of the first 3D 4k projects in Korea
- Interview with Black Forest 3D Producer
- Featured in CreativeCow magazine as 3D producers ‘best friend’
- Started work on two 3D projects in 4k resolution
- Licensed 3Ddive, Kalahari Meerkats, Austrian Huskyman, BirdPark, Lichtmond, and Burma to a customer in Eastern Europe
- Official partner at 3D Film Festival
- Speaker and Panel Chair at the 3D Entertainment Summit
- Localizing Kalahari Meerkats, Angkor – Land of Gods, and Diving in Paradise into the German language
- Finalizing the international version of “Bet on it”.
- Gave interview for Chinese TV broadcaster
- Three of our films screened and our filmmaker Ikuo Nakamura won two awards at 3DFF
- Publishing of our first 3D BluRays in 7 markets. Top Ten in Germany … read more
- Sold ‘FireAnts’ to a German customer
- Delivered a larger package of 3D documentaries to a French customer
- Sold ‘BirdPark’ to a German BluRay customer and Licensed to release it in international markets
- Signed large VOD package deal in the United Kingdom via our local agents
- Confirmed Panelist at 3D Film Festival and the 3D Entertainment Summit
- Licensing agreement for twelve films with one of the largest VOD platforms on the planet
- Aggregation VOD deal with a TV manufacturer
- Our 3D feature film is in the official selection of the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival. Another trip to Korea
- WildEarth, ‘Carnage’, ‘Fire Ants’, ‘Alligator Kingdom’, ‘BirdPark’, ‘Explore 3D’, ‘Cars&Driving’, ‘Spirit of Bangkok’ sold to Hungary
- Film ‘Yakel’ wins an award for Cinematography
- ‘Cars&Driving‘ and ‘Lichtmond’ sold to a Korean TV manufacturer
- Licensed ‘Kalahari Meerkats’ for BluRay release in German markets
- Licensed the high-profile documentaries ‘Gods of Angkor’ and ‘Fire Ants’ for BluRay release in German and UK markets
- Signing on ‘Bet on it’, ‘The Taste of Korea’, and …
- Fundraising and Distribution agreement with ‘BW Man’
- One of our agents sold ‘BirdPark’ to a German broadcaster
- One of our 3D rock concerts licensed to Poland
- Signing on new 3D titles from the Car&Driving series
- Meeting industry professionals in Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur
- Exhibiting at a Korean content market (BCM) and watching The Avengers in 4D
- Speaking about how to make Korean 3D content fit for the global market at the 3D International Fair in Seoul
- Animation title ‘Galaxy Shield’ sold to a 4D theatre
- Alligator Kingdom licensed to a German broadcaster
- Speaking at MIPTV in Cannes to industry professionals about monetizing 3D content.
- Localizing five films from English into German
- Attending NAB in Las Vegas
- Strategic partnership with a 3D Footage specialist
- Various meetings in Los Angeles area
- Almost seven hours of quality content incl. ‘Fire Ants’, ‘Alligator Kingdom’, ‘3D Africa’, ‘3Ddive’, ‘BirdPark’ and ‘Yakel’ licensed to a VOD platform in 5 European territories through our local expert (agent).
- More VOD deals in China
- More new titles signed up
- 3D Content licensing deal in the Czech Republic
- Hugo, Martin Scorseses film is changing the 3D industry
- Relocated to Australia
- 3 Larger Deals with 10 hours of content licensed to two customers in China. More agreements with UK and German BluRay labels for ‘BirdPark’ and ‘Mideval Trip’
- Film ‘Burma – Encounters in a Forgotten Land’ wins first prize at Korean 3D Film Festival
- Deal with a German BluRay label for two of our producers
- 7 of our films sold to a global TV manufacturer
- Attending MIPCOM in Cannes
- Our Swiss partner signed a package deal with a US based VOD platform
- Our agent in Israel sold titles from 3 producers in Israel
- Home Entertainment rights of ‘3D Safari’ and ‘3Ddive’ now sold to UK/Ireland as well
- Our agent based in the UK sold a small package of 3D titles to Finland
- 3Dsafari and ‘Austrian Huskyman’ sold to German BluRay labels